Thursday, April 14, 2011

GSP spawning!

On Tuesday, I was looking at my tank (big surprise there) and see these tiny pink balls floating throughout the tank. They are stuck in algae, they are even hanging on to the rock. I figured they were eggs of some sort. I start observing more closely and see it's coming from my green star polyps! They were covered, at the mat, with tiny pink balls. I never, in all of my reefing years, had experienced anything like that.

Not sure how I feel about GSP spawning. Actually, I guess I could say it's a little scarey! I'd hate to have GSP popping up throughout my tank. But, needless to say it was cool to see. I snapped a fuzzy photo of it. You can see the eggs near the centerish top of the GSP. Click on the picture to see a bigger version (you'll definitely need to do this to see the eggs).

No comments:

Post a Comment